Dr. Anthony J. Barravecchio
Dr. Barravecchio knew by the age of twelve that his "calling" in life was to be a doctor. Having survived a near fatal car accident while riding his bicycle, he was thrust into the medical community at an early age. He was forced to spend most of the summer of his twelfth birthday in hospitals and doctors offices. He was so overwhelmed with gratitude from his remarkable recovery that he soon knew that it was his place to help others as he was helped. He soon began volunteering at the same hospital that nursed him to health and remained actively involved in the medical profession ever since. He continued to volunteer in hospital after hospital while in middle school, high school and college, until his vocation was secure when he received his acceptance to medical school.
Dr. Barravecchio completed his undergraduate degree with honors at Lafayette College and graduated from The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. After medical school, he completed his Family Practice residency at New York Beth Israel Penninsula Hospital. During his final year, he served as Chief Resident and spent much of his time training both residents and medical students. After residency, Dr. Barravecchio became involved in teaching at Englewood Hospital, and was recognized with an excellence in clinical training award by Mt. Sinai School of Medicine. Dr. Barravecchio is Board Certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians.
In 2001 Dr. Barravecchio founded Allied Medical Associates (AMA) formerly known as North Haledon Medical. He constantly strives to find ways to improve upon the principles which AMA was established. He takes great pride in playing an active role in educating his patients on ways to improve their health. He is a strong advocate of preventive medicine and is always searching for ways to improve his patients' care. He routinely attends national conferences on recent advancements in the medical community and is often called upon to lecture to his fellow physicians. He also enjoys volunteering his time to lecture to the community on relevant health topics whenever he gets the opportunity. Dr. Barravecchio is actively involved in various prestigious institutions in the region. He is the Medical Director of JDT Villa Subacute Rehab, Director of Medical Consultations Services at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation North, and Director of Gerentology at Regency Gardens Nursing Home.
Dr. Barravecchio is also prominently involved in his community. He is the school and football team physician at Manchester Regional High School, Medical Director of The Salesian Sisters in Haledon (a local convent for Catholic Sisters), and the town Physician for the North Haledon-Haledon Police Department.
In his spare time Dr. Barravecchio enjoys playing tennis, traveling, cheering on his beloved Mets and Jets, and spending time with his family. Dr. Barravecchio is married and lives locally with his two sons and daughter. He frequently runs into patients around town and encourages them to take the time to say hello.
Professional Accreditations /Appointments
• Diplomate/ Board Certified Member of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
• American Osteopathic Association
• Medical Director, Allied Medical Associates
• Medical Director, JDT Villa
• Medical Director, Medicine Consultation Service at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation North
• Member of the American Medical Directors Association
• Director of Gerontology at Regency Gardens Nursing Home
• NJ Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
• Bergen/Passaic Osteopathic Medical Society
• School Physician at Manchester Regional High School / Haledon
• Town Physician for Haledon and North Haledon Police Departments
• Regional Physician for Bergen Risk Management
• Chief Resident, NY Beth Israel Peninsula Hospital Family Practice Department
• Clinical Instructor – Mt. Sinai Medical School/Englewood Hospital
• Community of Italian American Osteopathic Physicians Committee (Past President)